Are you prepared for The Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP®) designation?
Find out what every CCIFP should know and learn how you measure up before you sit for the exam!
After completing this seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify the "Body of Knowledge" a CCIFP should know.
- Identify the financial and accounting "specifics" unique to the construction industry.
- Benchmark your level of knowledge and identify where to concentrate your study efforts.
Here's what's covered in this full day session:
ACCOUNTING & REPORTING
* Accounting standards & guidelines
* Basic methods of accounting
* Costs and billings in excess
* Construction equipment
* Subcontractor payables
* Anticipated losses
* Financial statements
* Project management
* Joint ventures
BUDGETING & PLANNING
* Capital budgeting
* Cash management
* Strategic planning
* Strategic cost management
* Federal laws and regulations
* Employee benefits
INCOME RECOGNITION METHODS
* Financial reporting
* PCM & CCM
* Contract revenues
* Contract costs
* Accounting for the effects of changes in estimates
* Independent construction audit
* Construction management
* Preparation & review of contracts
* Alternatives to litigation
* Construction-related insurance
* Tax accounting methods unique
to the construction industry
* Tax filing
Jim McGettigan, CPA, CCIFP
CBIZ, Inc. & Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C.
Kimberly Hullfish, MBA, CCIFP, CRIS
Abbonizio Contractors, Inc.
7:30am Breakfast and Registration
8:00am - 4:00pm Program
Breakfast and Lunch included!
Earn 8.0 CPE Credits:
4.0 CPE Credits in the Field of Accounting and
4.0 CPE Credits in the Field of Specialized Knowledge
All Seminar Attendees will receive 8 CPE Credits plus....
- The Seminar Workbook
- "CFMA's Study Guide CD for the CCIFP Exam" - based on "The Book" - Financial Management & Accounting for the Construction Industry
- Access to more than a dozen articles from CFMA Building Profits & Web links to content from FASB, the IRS, AICPA & other valuable sites.
This is a GROUP LIVE course at the OVERVIEW LEVEL. At least three years of industry experience and a basic understanding of construction accounting & financial management is recommended.
Registration Deadline - August 17, 2018 (no walk-ins for this event, please)
CFMA Philadelphia Program Registration and Cancellation Policy: Registration fees are due in advance of the event. To cancel a registration prior to the event, please contact Andrea Bower, at CFMAPhiladelphia@bowermanagementservices.com. Paid registrants who cancel at least 72 hours prior to the event will receive a full refund.
With questions, please contact:
Andrea Bower, CFMA Philadelphia Administrator